Monday, August 5, 2013
How does automatic student updating work?
We have the ability to automatically update the data about your students to Edclick products. When changes are made in your student information system, they can automatically be mirrored in the Edclick database.
Here's how it works.
- You create a process to automatically pull a file of student data from your student information system.
- We provide you with software that runs periodically that checks whether the data has changed, encrypts the data, then sends it to the Edclick server.
- On the Edclick server, we verify that the data is from an authorized source.
- We then validate the data. If there are problems with the data, notifications are sent. Examples of problems that we often detect are poorly formed email addresses and phone numbers and notations in fields where they should not occur.
- If the data passes validation, it is merged with your current student data. New students are added. Students no longer on your list are archived. Data fields are updated.
If you would like to add automatic updates of your student data, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted at 10:54 AM (permalink)
0 Comments View/Leave Comment
FAQ: Discipline Manager, tips, FAQ: Intervention Manager, FAQ: Tutoring Manager, FAQ: Community Service Manager