Survey of Volunteer Interests
Volunteering in the classroom
· Tutor a student
· Work with individual students.
· Work with small groups of students.
· Listen to students read
· Translate for students. Language:
· Help with teacher's clerical work.
· Prepare materials
· Attend field trips
· Help students with dramatic performances, special events
· Help out in class with art projects, science experiments, etc.
· Appear as a guest speaker to share my professional experience, travels, culture, talent, skill or craft. Explain
Volunteering in other areas
· Organize or help with school security (bus, school grounds, etc.)
· Building maintenance
· Gardening or yard work
· Work in school library
· Photograph school activities
· Videotape school activities
· Provide transportation to parents for: conferences, events, etc.
· Type or do clerical work
· Prepare newsletters
· Prepare posters, displays, etc.
· Do copying and laminating
· I am interested in working with children on computers and supervising children while they surf the World Wide Web on the Internet.
Helping by working at home
· Recruit parents, citizens and local businesses to participate in special reading programs for students.
· Call parents, organize phone trees for attendance and special projects
· Enter data on a computer
· Gather resource materials
· Provide snacks
· Correct papers
· Cut out letters
· Prepare bulletin boards
· Stuff envelopes
· Distribute brochures door-to-door
· Become a block home
· I am interested in improving our schools by working with other parents on site-based councils, and projects and issues concerning our schools.